What is Microsoft PowerPoint?
Microsoft PowerPoint is one of the most widely used programs worldwide for creating a template for presentations. It is an easy-to-learn tool to give your presentation a visual boost, tools for teamwork & collaboration, and appropriate for any personal or professional environment.
View All Microsoft PowerPoint Courses
Why PowerPoint Training Is Critical
PowerPoint training is critical for a handful of reasons:
- Visualization: Understanding the ins and outs of PowerPoint will make your presentations more visually appealing and therefore will drive home your desired messaging that much more strongly.
- Teambuilding: PowerPoint can be a force for better teamwork in the workplace if teammates know how to leverage its collaborative functions. Training enables your coworkers to get the most out of PowerPoint’s sharing capabilities.
- Customization: A thorough PowerPoint training will let your team customize slide layouts to perfectly fit your desired brand guidelines. Without a good training, on the other hand, it may be hard to sync PowerPoint’s color pallets, shapes and other features with your sought after branding.
- Remote Presentations: In the past two years, remote work has become increasingly prominent, and presenting via Zoom is the new norm. With the lack of in-person contact, PowerPoint skills are more important than ever, as they make Zoom presentations more engaging in a virtual setting.
Risks of Not Including PowerPoint Training in Your Development Strategy
The biggest risk of not including PowerPoint training is simple yet detrimental. Not understanding how to leverage PowerPoint to its fullest extent means you may not be giving the most captivating presentations possible as well as wasting a ton of time (and wasting budget if you are outsourcing PowerPoint needs). If your team is client-facing, it’s especially important to be savvy in PowerPoint, as you’ll want to wow your audience with an attractive presentation before your rivals catch their attention (to close more deals for example).
Your team may not be able to show a flow or tell a story if they do not undergo PowerPoint training, which in turn will leave their presentations nonlinear and inconclusive.
When you think about all the deliverables that PowerPoint is used for, the importance of PowerPoint training really starts to hit you. From sales pitch decks to reports for managers to stakeholder presentations to company overviews, so many important things that help us communicate our company’s value and attain buy-in from other parties require PowerPoint. Not using this program to its greatest extent means potentially presenting a mediocre deck to these important audiences and not truly “wowing” them as much as you could.
Off-the-Shelf or Customized?
All organizations have different training needs when it comes to understand all that Microsoft PowerPoint can do. You can choose a turnkey, off-the-shelf course that works for a broad range of workforces and is ready-to-go whenever your workforce is ready to begin. These programs save organizations time and money and cover a wide range of skills.
If the needs of your workforce are more complex, customizable PowerPoint training courses are also available. These programs are tailored to the specific needs of your employees, such as varying levels of familiarity with program content and scheduling availability.
Who Needs PowerPoint Training?
All employees, at all levels, across all industries. It’s hard to think of any profession that would not benefit from PowerPoint training, as any field and any job function must be prepared to present information efficiently and creatively.
Professionals from a surprising number of industries should view PowerPoint training as critical, as presentation skills can help just about any team in any space meet their goals. Some could argue that every employee in every business needs PowerPoint training, since at some point everyone will likely need to create a deck either for internal or external presentations. Even the most junior member of the team will benefit from PowerPoint training so they can help senior members prepare important presentations and give them as much stylistic jazz as possible.
Here’s a checklist of flexible and scalable training options to choose from:
- Training Delivery Alignment Options
- Live online
- Live in-person
- Training Content Alignment Options
- Training Team Size Alignment Options
- One-on-one training
- Small team training
- Large team training
- Organization-wide training
- Project-based training
- Training Skill Level Alignment Options
- General understanding overview
- Training Time Commitment Alignment Options
- Hourly programs
- Half-day programs
- Full-day programs
- Multi-day programs
- Boot camp programs
- Continuous learning journey programs
- Training Employee Stage Alignment
- New Hire and Onboarding training programs
- Upskilling training programs
- Reskilling training programs
- Mentoring, Consulting, and/or Coaching
- Training Cutting-Edge Needs Alignment
- Plug into an existing program to compliment what you already have in motion
- Establish a new training program to get a new one launched
We can have a training proposal started for you within minutes.
We can also have training programs coordinated for you within hours (not days, weeks, or months).
Why wait, let’s chat.
Simple Solutions to Common Training Ramp Problems:
- Need More Resources/Teammates?
- Go team. We bring a team to help you as an extension of you and your organization. Your teammates include…
- Industry Thought Leader & Trusted Advisor
- Client Success Manager
- Training Program Manager
- Project Manager
- Expert Trainer(s)
- Need More Time?
- Watch. We can take all training tasks off your desk. You don’t have to worry about a thing; we are an extension of you, your team, and your organization. We help set a training and skill development goal, then handle the strategy, coordination, execution (trainers, materials, content, reporting) and measurable results. Training attendees walk away from training with the ability to immediately use what they learned; including leveraging new tools.
- Need More Budget?
- Makes sense/cents. Because our programs are flexible and scalable, so is our pricing. You’ll be surprised how reasonable our prices are compared to (a) the opportunity cost of your internal resources or (b) compared to the external “other guys”/our competition. We beat competitive pricing all day long.
- Need Decision-Making Authority?
- Deal. Allow us to help you build your business case to prove why you need this training, why now, and the ROI impact it will have.
Top 10 Training Outcomes
- Boost job satisfaction, morale, and motivation
- Streamline efficiencies in processes, and time saved
- Adopt new technologies and methods
- Catapult innovation in strategic and tactical execution
- Swifter decision making
- Reduce employee turnover
- Even the playing field within the organization
- Stay ahead of the competition
- Energize teamwork, collaboration, and engagement
- Ongoing training is a talent recruiting differentiator
- (Bonus Outcome) Saving IT team time, resources, budget
Request a quote today. We can have training coordinated for you in minutes (not days, weeks, or months!)