- Enroll now
- Course Dates: 4/25/2023Course Duration: 2 DAYS
- Course Category: CybersecurityCourse Code: THRMODK21M09
- Download PDF
- Identify and address biggest threats
- Plan mitigations on identified and documented threats, not feelings
- Eliminate security issues early
- Rationally security decisions
- Cost-effectively increase security of your application and organization
- Prioritize development and testing efforts based on identified threats
- Calculate the residual risk to help understand your software’s security
- Adversarial Perspective
- Security Terminology
- Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle (SDL)
- Threat Modeling
- Microsoft Threat Modeling Tool
- Attack Surface Reduction
- Hands-on exercises
- Appendix – background
Threat Modeling – 2 Day Training Session
Live, Online Instructor Led Training
Tuesday April 25, 2023 – Wednesday April 26, 2023
$1750 Per Student
This course will teach threat modeling for secure coding practices.
(C)Security of software systems is becoming more and more important and visible in the public eye. Meanwhile, there is a basic imbalance between the attackers (hackers) and defenders (software developers). That is, hackers get immediate reward for their breach they effect and the damage the cause. By contracts, defenders get the blame when they are hacked and no mention when they are not.
(D)Our system addresses this and changes the balance, ultimately resulting in more secure software systems.
(E)(Pat. Pend.) IMPACT
Breaking the developers into two teams: blue (defenders) and red (attackers)
Recording the results of the attacker’s actions
Recording the successes of the defenders in stopping the attackers and their failures
Periodically update the scoreboard of the defenders thus proving positive reinforcement for their actions
The IMPACT system records the above data as logs. It is built on logging frameworks and well-known open source tools for log generation. It uses NoSQL databases to store the log data and Big Data analytics tools such as Spark generate the scoreboards.
Who should attend
- Developers, team leads, project managers
- Cybersecurity: Basic (1-2 years’ experience)
- Code development: Basic (1-2 years’ experience)
Our team will contact you shortly to finalize the enrollment process.