- 5 Days – Live-Instructor-Led
- Course Objective & Description:
- This five-day course features intensive hands-on training that focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vSphere® 7, which includes VMware ESXi™ 7 and VMware vCenter Server® 7.
- This course prepares you to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an organization of any size.
- This course is the foundation for most of the other VMware technologies in the software-defined data center.
- Who Should Attend: System Administrators, System Engineers with experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems.
- By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe the software-defined data center (SDDC)
- Explain the vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure
- Install and configure VMware ESXi™ hosts
- Deploy and configure VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™
- Use VMware vSphere® Client™ to manage the vCenter Server inventory and the vCenter Server configuration
- Manage, monitor, back up, and protect vCenter Server Appliance
- Create virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
- Describe the storage technologies supported by vSphere
- Configure virtual storage using iSCSI and NFS storage
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Introduction to vSphere and the Software-Defined Data Center
Module 3: Virtual Machines
Module 4: vCenter Server
Module 5: Configuring and Managing Virtual Networks
Module 6: Configuring and Managing Virtual Storage
Module 7: Virtual Machine Management
Module 8: Resource Management and Monitoring
Module 9: vSphere Cluster
Module 10: vSphere Lifecycle