- Duration: 3 days
- Skill-level: Foundation-level Elasticsearch skills for Intermediate skilled team members. This is not a basic class.
- Targeted Audience: This course is geared for those who wants to build scalable search applications using Elasticsearch.
- Hands-on Learning: This course is approximately 50% hands-on lab to 50% lecture ratio, combining engaging lecture, demos, group activities and discussions with machine-based student labs and exercises. Student machines are required.
- Delivery Format: This course is available for onsite private classroom presentation.
- Customizable: This course may be tailored to target your specific training skills objectives, tools of choice and learning goals.
Elasticsearch teaches you how to write applications that deliver professional quality search. As you read, you’ll learn to add basic search features to any application, enhance search results with predictive analysis and relevancy ranking, and use saved data from prior searches to give users a custom experience. This practical course focuses on Elasticsearch’s REST API via HTTP. Code snippets are written mostly in bash using cURL, so they’re easily translatable to other languages
Working in a hands-on learning environment, led by our Elasticsearch expert instructor, students will learn about and explore:
- teaches you how to build scalable search applications using Elasticsearch.
- You’ll ramp up fast, with an informative overview and an engaging introductory example.
- you’ll pick up the core concepts you need to implement basic searches and efficient indexing.
- With the fundamentals well in hand, you’ll go on to gain an organized view of how to optimize your design.
Topics Covered: This is a high-level list of topics covered in this course. Please see the detailed Agenda below
- What is a great search application?
- Building scalable search solutions
- Using Elasticsearch with any language
- Configuration and tuning
Audience & Pre-Requisites
This course is designed for developers and administrators building and managing search-oriented applications
Pre-Requisites: Students should have familiar with
Course Agenda / Topics
- Introducing Elasticsearch
- Diving into the functionality
- Indexing, updating, and deleting data
- Searching your data
- Analyzing your data
- Searching with relevancy
- Exploring your data with aggregations
- Relations among documents
- Scaling out
- Improving performance
- Administering your cluster